(A dealer holding a Federal Firearms License)
I will be happy to make your FFL transfers as painless as possible.
How it works.
1.When you purchase your firearm online or need one shipped in, please email or send the shipper/seller a copy of my FFL with your payment.
You may email me, firstname.lastname@example.org to request a
copy of my FFL.
2. When you make your purchase, please, send me an "email": email@example.com, with the following information:
- Your contact information. (I need to know how to contact you when it arrives). Very often I receive your gun before you get confirmation.
- The firearm(s) you purchased and shipper/seller's name.
- If and when you receive tracking information, it is also very helpful for you to forward me the tracking number.
- Note: if purchasing from an individual (non-FFL dealer), the seller/shipper must include a valid copy of the seller/shipper's driver’s license and a note with the buyers name and the make, model and serial number of the firearm easily available in the package.
3. When your firearm arrives, I will contact you to schedule an appointment to complete the background check and/or finalize the transfer paperwork.
4. If you are purchasing an AR receiver, you must be 21 years of age. They are considered pistols unless they are a complete rifle.
What you need to bring with you when you pick up your firearm.
1. Bring your current Texas driver’s license. Important: Your Texas license must contain your current permanent address (contact me if not).
2. If you have a current Texas CHL or LTC, please bring it with you.
3. Bring $20.00 cash per firearm or receiver, I do not accept credit cards.
4. If you are picking up a used handgun, all must leave here with a childproof handgun lock, Either bring one with you or you can purchase one for $10.
Please note: When I miss deliveries, and I do, I can usually get them the following business day. Please do not modify the package delivery on the tracking sites.
Also note: The purchase of your firearm is between you and the online seller. If it has to be returned, it will be at your or the sellers expense and my fee still applies.
Last Updated 10/27/2019